This proposal provides you with:
- An Overview of the SMR Audience
- Background Information about SMR
- Advertising Information
- Custom Marketing
- Signage Opportunities
Becoming part of World-Class Championship Drag Racing at South Mountain Raceway (SMR) is the most direct route for your company to reach the South-Central PA, Mason Dixon Boarder line, New Jersey, New York and Mid-Atlantic motorsports market. SMR offers months of exposure – much more effective than conventional print ads or other media offering only seconds, at best minutes, of exposure. Our sponsors reap months of valuable exposure to enhance market share. Sponsors access the full racing season (April – October), plus the “pre-season” promotional activities (November – March). Put your company in the “Fast Lane” to success with SMR track sponsorship and advertising.
SMR’S MARKET POSITION
- A motorsports facility in the carcentric capitol of South-Central Pa, covering Carlisle, Mechanicsburg, Gettysburg, Hershey, and Lancaster, boasting a schedule with over 32 events on an annual basis.
- Serves the affluent South Central Pa. Average household income is nearly double the national average.
- This facility is in the oldest drag racing complex in the region. No other drag racing outlet of this exists from Mohnton, PA in the north, to Petersburg VA in the south.
HISTORY & ATTENDANCE
- For over six decades the thrill and spectacle of championship racing has come to life at SMR. As a result of promoting thousands of racing events, SMR has played host to literally thousands of spectators. This offers establishments from large national corporations to local small businesses the opportunity to meet one-on-one with their existing customers and develop new relationships.
- Specialized advertising and promotional campaigns have produced consistent attendance growth over the years. Because SMR’s annual schedule contains over 30 events, year-end attendance figures exceed 100,000!
- SMR has many high-profile special events, such as
NOPREP Battle @ South Mountain, Drag Racers Reunion, John Potocki Memorial race, Ron Wallace Father’s Day race, MOPARS BATTLE @ South Mountain, BOX/NOBOX, NHRA PA State Championships, and many more.
Combined with our NHRA SUMMIT SERIES and SBRA Southern Bracket Racing ET Series events and our RFC Racers for Christ NON-DENOMINATIONAL Chapel services before each Sunday race day 10:00 – 10:30 am from April through October, the opportunities are endless.
- Research indicates that racing fans earmark a large portion of their higher-than average discretionary income for products and services they see at the track. Their brand loyalty extends across the full spectrum of consumer goods from soft drinks, Pennsylvania Dutch hand rolled Pretzels, beer to petroleum products, household detergents, and clothing.
- SMR Sponsor Spotlight (display areas) offers track sponsors and advertisers an opportunity for one-on-one contact with their best customers — racers & fans — whether it is for on-the-spot purchases or referrals for future sales.
- The racing community is a very close-knit group and is very loyal to those who support their sport. These heroes earn their fans and enthusiasts develop strong loyalties to sponsor companies.
The SMR staff has a commitment to quality and service. We work side-by-side with our sponsors and advertisers to best promote their products and services. These programs provide cost effective ways for any business to reach the thousands of customers that attend SMR annually. Listed on the next few pages are the signage programs, sizes, locations and costs.
You can upgrade your Signage and Sponsorship package with the “Total Marketing Package” and save money with a multi-year contract! SMR can also customize your sponsorship to best fit the needs of your business. These are available for discounted fees when combining elements from multiple programs and/or incorporating additional special promotions not covered in programs outlined.
(Includes sign space and name added to Sponsor Directory on SMR’s website. SMR offers substantial savings to our sponsors or advertisers on two-year and three-year contracts)
Starting Line: Two 2′ x 6′ signs prominently displayed on each side of the guardrail at or near the starting line.
Staging Area: One 4’ x 8′ two-sided sign prominently displayed on fencing in the staging area. This is a great place to be if you are targeting the racers themselves, as your sign would be very visible when they enter the property and are waiting to make their runs.
EVENT, SERIES, AND TITLE RACE SPONSORSHIPS
These special programs offer the “biggest bang for the buck” in promoting a business through SMR. An event package provides a sponsor company with the title rights to an established special event or race series
A single event, or race day, can have impact by adding a company name to the title. It could be promoted as a sponsor showcase day. Example: SMR presents the…Kick-off, FREE T-shirts to the first 500 fans entering the gate”.
E.T. Series NHRA/SBRA Sponsor……………………………………………………………. Special Pricing/Co-op Ad Program
This program offers a “series” of race days, that carry weekly points standing for competitors, and is tracked by the fans. Sponsors have the opportunity to use the company name with: the series title, in advertising, a special award, and for signage in VICTORY LANE (photographed with weekly winners).
TROPHY, Jr. Dragster, Jr. STREET Class Sponsor……………………………… Special Pricing/Co-op Ad Program
Class sponsorship offers a company maximum recognition at any given event. As a class sponsor, the company logo will be placed on brochures and online with the sponsored class.
BECOME A SMR TRACK SPONSOR
An investment as a Track Sponsor or Advertiser with SMR affords your company years of return in proven sponsor loyalty and increased business. Being an SMR Track Sponsor is important business element for the track, the racers, and the fans. Co-op advertising and sponsorships help to provide bigger, more prestigious events, thus generating larger audiences for the sponsor’s message.
SMR has the experience, the commitment, and the programs that ensure effective promotion of SMR sponsor companies. These sponsor programs provide a unique opportunity for targeting a specific market segment, and the region’s only motorsports outlet on this scale.
Through this unique program, SMR is offering exciting, affordable sponsorships on a “turn-key” basis. Simply sign-up for your Sponsorship Program and the SMR staff will put your business on the inside track!
A SMR sponsorship is a highly effective marketing tool and a business decision that makes sense.
Call the SMR office today and your business will be headed for “Marketing in the Fast Lane” at South Mountain Raceway!
Thank you for considering SMR sponsorship programs. Please give us a call at 717-323-0210 with any questions you may have. We look forward to speaking with you!
Jessica Tanzola or Mountain Mike
Director of Marketing and President